Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager requires you to have in-depth knowledge and extraordinary skills that are not common in other project managers. Senior Project Managers main duties include: plan, organize, lead and control projects efficiently and effect. They supervise project teams from the idea stage until the completion of the project. They are involved in analyzing the business’ activities, expenses and profits, establishing goals, and communicating the strategy throughout the organization
Reports to: VP of Construction and Project Management
Location: Sotawall Limited, Brampton, Ontario
Job Type: Full-time
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop and deliver a project management program encompassing all the details of a project to the team members
- Set realistic and practical goals for the project and develop appropriate strategies for achieving these goals
- Provide coaching and guidance to the team members about every aspect of the project so that the team members can understand their tasks fully and act on them efficiently
- He/she should identify all the internal and external resources whether financial or human resources required completing the project successfully
- Evaluate the progress of projects on a regular basis. This is very important as it helps you to overcome your mistakes and achieve your targets by detecting the mistake or fault in a timely manner
- Use latest strategies, tools and terminologies used in project management worldwide so that it may increase productivity
- Develop and execute an efficient internal communication strategy for ensuring communication with all levels of management within the team
- Develop tools and techniques for disturbing tasks according to the skills of every team member and also to evaluate the performance of all team members
- Knowledge of Lean methods (related practices and procedures), principles and practices of operations improvement
- Experience of participating in Lean improvements events will be appreciated
- Works with staff to develop the use of Lean methodologies and tools to create a Lean culture throughout Sotawall
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer or business ( Master’s degree preferred)
- 10 years’ experience in project management
- Experience in a supervisory capacity
- Previous work experience in curtain wall or building facade Fabrication preferred
- Advanced time management and analytical skills
- Proficient computer skills, including Word, Excel, and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to problem-solve
- Ability to find solutions and incorporate them into existing practices
- Knowledge of project management tools
- Ability to motivate a team to produce quality materials within tight timeframes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong client –facing and customer service focus
- Advanced trouble shooting and multi-tasking skills
- Team player with strong problem solving ability
- Strong attention to detail with good organizational skills
Only candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process.
About Sotawall Limited
Sotawall has evolved into one of North America’s leading curtain wall suppliers. We operate in a bright, clean, modern facility and offer competitive wages and benefits to our employees.
Visit www.sotawall.com for more information.