Lean Continuous Improvement Coordinator
Sotawall is looking for a permanent, full-time Lean CI Coordinator to join our operation in Brampton. The successful candidate can look forward to working in an innovative, fast-paced environment, which cultivates learning and growth within our organization.
Sotawall is a curtain wall industry leader, designing and building facades for many prominent high-rise buildings. We have a strong presence in the US and Canada – especially in cities like New York, Boston and Toronto.
Reporting to: VP of Operations
- Provide leadership, training, and mentoring across the business unit regarding the proper application of Lean Enterprise principles
- Drive the change and discipline necessary to create and sustain continuous improvement culture
- Design and conduct times studies and/other analysis of all identified production processes/departments to help determine current state
- Perform current time analysis of all aspects of manufacturing and post lean initiative implementation to provide metrics on performance enhancements to various stakeholders/departments throughout the company
- Review set-up, workflow, and staffing levels of all manufacturing operations and propose productivity improvements
- Develop internal policies to implement Lean Manufacturing principles such as 5S Standard Work, Visual Management Standards, and Leader Standard Work documents.
- Develop written methodology to improve production, improve quality, reduce waste, reduce inventory and control costs
- Develop and provide training to production staff as required
- Not all responsibilities of this position are listed above, and successful candidates should expect to help complete other position-related tasks when needed.
- Completion of a University or College degree in Industrial or Systems Engineering
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in Lean/Continuous Improvement, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Thorough understanding of the work flow through a manufacturing environment, with the ability to create, and/or improve upon, various processes to increase productivity and safety
- Ability to measure the results of implemented initiatives, collecting data, creating reports, and communicating metrics to various stakeholders in a timely manner
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to work with all levels of the organization and other business units
- Ability to convey complex ideas to management, coworkers, and production staff, helping them understand, and buy-in to, different initiatives
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required; familiarity with statistical software (I.e. Tableau) an asset
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process.