Jr. project manager
We are currently offering an opportunity for a recent graduate of construction management, or other relevant programs to join our team as a Junior Project Manager. As a Junior Project Manager, you will work with our team of PMs and learn important aspects of coordinating and controlling curtain wall jobs associated.
This is a tremendous opportunity for someone who is looking to launch their career in the construction industry, and join an exciting, growing company that works on iconic buildings in Canada and the United States – in cities like Toronto, Boston and New York.
We are a curtain wall industry leader, designing and building facades for many prominent high-rise buildings. We have a strong presence in the US and Canada – especially in cities like New York, Boston and Toronto.
- Help provide support to Senior Project Managers as they coordinate and manage Sotawall projects in Canada and the United States from the conceptual stages through to completion
- Help plan logistics with the Project Management group to suit site schedules delivery requirements
- Learn about the complexities and nuances of our curtain wall jobs by reading and understanding site conditions, blueprints and contracts
- Ensure positive communication and coordination with design, drafting, fabrication, assembly, delivery and installation
- Corresponding with the site teams regarding installation schedules and other items as they arise
- This is an entry position. We are looking for people who may have a low amount of experience in Canada, or only academic exposure. A degree, diploma in the field of construction – any direct glazing and curtain wall experience will be an asset
- Some knowledge of blueprints and reading drawings
- A working knowledge of standard Microsoft Office software
- Any drafting software knowledge – especially AutoCAD or Inventor is an asset
- Team player with the ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral
- Attention to detail and committed to learning technical excellence
- Strong organizational skills, along with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and demonstrate a flexible approach to work assignments
- Ability to travel in the United States and Canada