Human Resources Representative
The Human Resources Representative supports the day-to-day operations of the human resources functions and duties.
- Maintain high quality HR standards in the delivery of internal HR services
- Provide day-to-day HR guidance and support in HR policies, procedures and programs and act as a first point of contact in employee relation matters
- Build strong business relationships with managers and establishing credibility with employees
- Partner with and provide consultation to Managers regarding hourly performance management and employee relations issues including policy infractions, investigations, and disciplinary actions
- Facilitate the recruitment and selection process for the company including assisting leaders in job descriptions and sourcing strategies, coordinate job postings, job fairs, collection and screening of resumes, arrangement of venues for interviews, participation in interviews, follow through during the orientation process including new employee orientation process.
- Manage disability cases by providing advice and guidance to management and employees regarding disability management, accommodation and return to work; liaising with H&S Coordinator
- Provide other HR support in the areas of termination, benefits administration, HRIS maintenance and miscellaneous HR projects as needed
- Maintain current and accurate organization charts and headcount report on a periodical basis
- Maintain employee personnel file records
- Support and coordinate employee programs such as performance evaluations, employee engagement, employee surveys, town hall meetings, training logistics and recordkeeping
- Back up of HRBP/Generalist
- Good knowledge of ESA, and Human Rights Code
- Maintain good housekeeping practices using the 5s + 1 principles
- Actively participate and support continuous improvement initiatives
- Duties and responsibilities may be amended from time to time in order to support efficient company operations
Competencies and Qualifications
- Post-secondary degree and a minimum of 1-2 years related experience, CHRP preferred
- Good knowledge of general HR procedures and practices including but not limited to: HRIS administration, handling of confidential or sensitive information, recruitment, employee records, and benefit administration.
- Hands-on experience with productivity applications, including word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail clients, and presentation software
- Well-developed problem solving skills with the ability to find solutions and incorporate them into existing practices as needed.
- Must be proactive in ensuring job knowledge is current
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability
- Self-directed, well organized, and proactive
- Superior time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision
- Professional demeanor, responsive, and positive work attitude is essential
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility and adaptability
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to communicate on all levels in the organization
- Sitting for extensive period of time
- Ability to attend and/or conduct presentations
- Able to occasionally lift items as heavy as 35 lbs
- Will be required to wear protective equipment in designated areas such as: masks, safety glasses, hearing protection and steel toed safety shoes.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- May have minimal exposure to heat and humidity, load noise levels and dust.
- Overtime as required