Human Resources Business Partner
- Provides leadership to HR team in developing strong business partner relations and employee advocacy. Plans and administers policies, strategies and programs relating to all phases of the human resource function.
- The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization.
- This position requires work from the office most of the time. The incumbent must be comfortable with a manufacturing environment and has an ability to spend time on the production floor as required.
- This position has one direct report. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance, coaching and development; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Consults with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate. Advises manufacturing management and other human resources professional in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues and corrective action. Develops rapport and partnership with leadership and team members in functional areas of support.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Responds to inquiries from a variety of HR and other professionals regarding policies, procedures, and programs. Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Full cycle recruitment including job posting, interviews, offer preparation, Orientation and
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Prepares and participates in training programs to ensure completion. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Ensures timely updates and data integrity on Kronos and Workday HRIS system.
- Performs Kronos and Workday related tasks like Requisition, New Hires, Terminations, Compensation Planning, Performance Management, Report generation, other tasks as required with the help of HR Coordinator/Administrator.
- Manager COVID-19 pandemic by following Apogee policies and procedures in collaboration with Covid-19 Site Team.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Kronos/Workday preferred.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the organization’s hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices, and the administrative practices related to those factors.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- 4-year College or University Bachelor’s degree preferred. Equivalent experience without the degree will also be considered.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Generalist preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Preference will be given to CHRP (Certified HR Professional) OR ability to obtain certification within one year of employment.
- Good knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, employee relations, performance management, and federal and province respective employment laws.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be comfortable with manufacturing environment. Ability to spend time on the production floor as required.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.