General Labour – Assembly
Who we are:
Sotawall is looking for a permanent, full-time general labourers to join our team in Brampton. The successful candidate can look forward to working in an innovative, fast-paced environment, which cultivates learning and growth within our organization.
Our company builds buildings all over North America (New York, Boston, Toronto, Kansas, Calgary, etc). Sotawall is a curtain wall industry leader, designing and building facades for many prominent high-rise buildings. We have a strong presence in the US and Canada – especially in cities like New York, Boston and Toronto.
General Labourers in the assembly line works as part of a team. Some of our assembly positions include:
- Glass installers will be cleaning glass and metal frames to be prepared for assembly
- Use tools such as measuring equipment to ensure appropriate size of glass is correct for the appropriate frames
- Will be using a suction cup lifter to lift the glass and place onto the aluminum frames
- Responsible for following the blueprint and to ensure accuracy
- Knowledge of Lean methods is great but will be willing to train
- Other duties as assigned.
- Picking appropriate parts and reading blueprints to determine the necessary parts for assembly.
- Counting parts and organizing them into racking units and moving them into appropriate areas for assembly.
- Check materials for defects or imperfections, to guarantee quality control of parts
- Pump silicone onto materials for sealing, as required
- Apply protective tape onto required materials
- Not all responsibilities of this position are listed above, and successful candidates should expect to help complete other position-related tasks when needed.
- Placing insulation onto the frames
- Measure and cut insulation so it fits the frames
- Placing pins to hold the insulation using power tools
- Place glazing gaskets, and silicone to seal all edges and gaps
- Scraping extra silicone
- Placing last layer of silicone to the frames
- Assist with packing materials onto crates
- Assist with clean up
- 80 Van Kirk Drive, Brampton, ON,
Shift (subject to change) :
- 7:00 am to 3:30 pm – Monday to Friday
Qualifications and Skills
- Able to read, write, and speak English
- Have basic math skills (including using a measuring tape)
- Working knowledge of reading blueprints is great but willing to train
- Ability to use hand tools and pneumatic tools ie; silicone gun, scrappers, measuring tools
- Ability to work in a team
- Experience is great, but we are willing to train the right candidates for the job
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Accessibility: We are committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise Human Resources of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We offer competitive benefits package after a three (3) month probation period.
Job Type: Full-time
- Construction: 1 year (Preferred)
- Brampton, ON (Preferred)
- English (Required)