Who we are:
Sotawall has evolved into one of North America’s leading curtain wall suppliers. We operate in a bright, clean, modern facility and offer competitive wages and benefits to our employees.
Under general supervision, Assemblers will perform the initial manufacturing of aluminum frames for delivery to an assembly line for further processing by other teams. Assemblers should be comfortable using hand tools such as pneumatic/battery powered drills, drivers, hammers, grinders and silicone guns.
Assemblers will also be required to do any and all tasks deemed necessary by his/her supervisor for the safe and efficient operation of the company, including but not limited to operating a variety of tools; equipment and machinery.
- 80 Van Kirk Drive, Brampton ON
Shift (subject to change):
- 7:00am to 3:30 pm – Monday to Friday
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assemble Sotawall products in a safe, efficient, quality minded manner.
- Carry out preparation work which includes, but is not limited to: drilling, cutting, application of silicone, and screwing components together
- Previous experience reading blueprints would be an asset, but will be taught on the job
- May be requested to carry out simple preparation work for unique projects
- Check material for damage and issues before assembly
- First line quality inspection and control
- Complete all production related paperwork, including but not limited to KPI data collection
- Material movement as required
- Operate all equipment in a safe and effective manner; change over, preventive maintenance, start up and shut down procedures
- May assist in the development of work instructions and practices
- Ability to work harmoniously in a team environment under general supervision
Qualifications and Skills
- Adhere to all Sotawall policies, procedures, notices and instructions
- Maintain good housekeeping practices in work area
- Actively participate and support continuous improvement initiatives Competencies and Qualifications
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent is good, but not necessary
- Must be mechanically inclined – comfortable with using tools, able to read directions, can take things apart and put them back together. PREVIOUS fabrication experience is an asset.
- Must pass equipment training for tools required to perform the work.
- A high degree of workmanship and strong commitment to quality is desired. This requires strong attention to detail with a critical eye for identifying defects.
- Sound mathematical skills are needed for basic calculations of measurements.
- A Good command of the English language (read, write, speak) with respect to understanding and following all verbal and written instructions.
- Solid time management skills, well organized, proactive and positive approach in the work place.
- Must be able to lift heavy objects (up to 50lbs unassisted), walk and stand for long periods of time and perform physical labor.
If you MEET the above requirements and are interested in applying for this position, please respond to this add or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify the title in the subject line.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Accessibility: We are committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise Human Resources of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We offer competitive benefits package after a three (3) month probation period.