Machine Operator (CNC)
Sotawall is currently looking for recent Mechanical Engineering graduates to join our team as Machine Operators with some CNC knowledge.
We are a curtain wall industry leader, designing and building facades for many prominent high-rise buildings. We have four design offices across Canada, but our main fabrication and assembly plants are in Brampton, Ontario. From these locations, we ship unitized product to sites.
This is a tremendous opportunity for someone who is looking to join an exciting, growing company that works on iconic buildings in Canada and the United States – in cities like Toronto, Boston and New York.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and follow safe work practices
- Knowledge of the processes and practices of machining, and familiarity with automated machinery is required
- Fabricate, manufacture, assembly or move aluminum and steel parts safely, efficiently, and in a quality-minded manner
- Carry out preparation work which includes inspection of material and setups
- Operate computer control machine
- The operator may be responsible for programming or formatting operations as per directions
- Loading and unloading, as well as, adjusting and monitoring the machine as required
- May be asked to carry out simple preparation work for unique projects
- Check material for damage and issues after machining to ensure it is within tolerance
- Complete all production related paperwork, including but not limited to KPI data collection
- Previous experience reading blueprints would be an asset
- Experience with programming CNC machining; and computer assisted design and Manufacturing programs (CAD/CAM software)
- Ability to write and communicate in English clearly and effectively
- Ability to read, interpret, convert dimensions from metric to standard and vice versa and use measuring devices i.e. measuring tapes
- Capability to work well and communicate with others
- Knowledge about Lean is great, but not mandatory
We will offer the successful candidate a competitive salary based on relevant knowledge and experience, a discretionary bonus and an opportunity to work with like-minded professionals. We can offer you an excellent career path with a high growth company. Please email your resume and cover letter outlining your qualifications in response to Human Resources at email@example.com. Only candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process.