DATABASE PROGRAMMER ASSISTANT
Sotawall is currently looking for a Junior Database Developer to join our team. The Junior Database Developer is responsible for assisting in the development and maintenance of application integrations, custom software applications, custom reporting, analytics and KPIs across all major departments.
We are a curtain wall industry leader, designing and building facades for many prominent high-rise buildings. We have four design offices across Canada, but our main fabrication and assembly plants are in Brampton, Ontario. From these locations, we ship unitized product to sites.
This is a tremendous opportunity for someone who is looking to join an exciting, growing company that works on iconic buildings in Canada and the United States – in cities like Toronto, Boston and New York.
- Assist in building various database elements and custom application integrations
- Troubleshoot, optimize, and resolve database and applications defects in a timely manner
- Consult with internal and external groups as required
- Help develop custom reports, analytics and KPI’s for the business
- Train and assist users at all levels; develop user manuals
- Research new methods and processes to help improve current operating procedures and standards
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Proven verbal and written communication skills effectively in a multi-dimensional environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to apply logical thinking
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science or related discipline
- Proficient with FileMaker Pro; certification an asset.
- Knowledge of data modelling and relational databases.
- Experience with Unity/Unreal Engine/ 3DS Max, Revit and 3D architectural systems an asset
- Knowledge of C,C++, C# and code versioning tools – Git, SVN, Mercurial an asset
- Knowledge about Lean is great, but not mandatory
We will offer the successful candidate a competitive salary based on relevant knowledge and experience, a discretionary bonus and an opportunity to work with like-minded professionals. We can offer you an excellent career path with a high growth company. Please email your resume and cover letter outlining your qualifications in response to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process.