Curtain Wall Engineer
Direct, relevant, demonstrable experience is required for this position and candidates should be able to highlight examples of their past work with aluminum, glass, concrete embeds, fasteners, connections, and welds. A candidate who can bring our team additional knowledge of building science and thermal modeling, would be an asset.
Experience with Canadian and/or U.S. building codes is required. Candidate must be capable with AutoCAD.
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Location: Sotawall Ltd., Brampton, Ontario
Job Type: Full-time
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work closely with other team members from various departments like system design, drafting, project management and fellow engineers
- Review drawings for analysis and comment using AutoCAD
- Provide accurate calculations relating to aluminum, glass, concrete embeds, fasteners, connections and welds, that are clear and in-line with the department standards
- Develop and utilize mathematical and/or modeling techniques to identify and develop solutions
- Participates and provides required analysis for product development teams
- Contributes to ongoing Lean initiatives within the department and organization as a whole
- Identifies and initiates continuous improvement opportunities within the organization.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum education in Bachelor of Civil or Mechanical Engineering from a recognized University
- Professional Engineer designation in Ontario; additional US state licenses are an asset
- Registered Engineers in training are encouraged to apply, but may not be successful
- Exceptional candidates who have completed additional of education which complement their building science focus, such as Therm modeling, AutoCAD or other drafting programs training.
- Adaptable and able to perform under pressure in a demanding and fast-paced team environment
- Proven ability to work independently to analyze complex issues and develop solutions.
- Demonstrates a positive and professional attitude with a high degree of drive
- Commitment to health and safety in the workplace.
Only candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process.