Construction Sales Estimator
Sotawall is currently looking for a Construction Sales Estimator to join our team.
We are a curtain wall industry leader, designing and building facades for many prominent high-rise buildings. We have four design offices across Canada, but our main fabrication and assembly plants are in Brampton, Ontario. From these locations, we ship unitized product to sites.
This is a tremendous opportunity for someone who is looking to join an exciting, growing company that works on iconic buildings in Canada and the United States – in cities like Toronto, Boston and New York.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop new client relationships and maintain relationships with current customers
- Understand customers’ business requirements
- Responsible for estimating, preparing and following up on quotes for assigned jobs
- Send and receive signed contracts and purchase orders
- Preparation of reports for management
- General inquiries about company products and pricing
- Identifies labour, material and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications and related documents
- Forecasting costs for new projects and studying current economic conditions that may affect the industry
- Analyzing vendor pricing
- Collaboration with Design and Engineering departments
- Minimum 10 years’ estimating and sales experience in the glazing and/or curtain wall industry
- Knowledge of Bluebeam is required
- Team player with the ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, with accuracy and attention to detail
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong organizational skills, along with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong background with Microsoft Office and AutoCAD is an asset
- Knowledge of Lean is great, but not mandatory
We will offer the successful candidate competitive compensation based on relevant knowledge and experience, and an opportunity to work with like-minded professionals. We can offer you an excellent career path with a high growth company. Please email your resume and cover letter outlining your qualifications in response on Indeed. Only candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process.