Sotawall is currently looking for recent mechanical technician graduates to be involved in the programming of various CNC machining centers in our metal fabrication plant.
We are a curtain wall industry leader, designing and building facades for many prominent high-rise buildings. We have four design offices across Canada, but our main fabrication and assembly plants are in Brampton and Mississauga, Ontario. From these locations, we ship unitized product to site.
This is a tremendous opportunity for someone who is looking to join an exciting, growing company that works on iconic buildings in Canada and the United States – in cities like Toronto, Boston and New York.
- Utilize fabrication 2D CAD and 3D model files to create programs for CNC machining/cutting centers.
- Write complete programs in a Windows based CAD/CAM software.
- Initial parts set up, run parts, and check the parts using fabrication drawings.
- Knowledge of the processes and practices of machining, and familiarity with automated machinery are required.
- The applicant must be able to interpret, and convert dimensions in both metric and imperial formats.
- Drafting software knowledge – especially AutoCAD and Autodesk Inventor 2016
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral.
- Team player with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Attention to detail and committed to learning technical excellence.
- Strong organizational skills, along with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and demonstrate a flexible approach to work assignments
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and specification
- Knowledge about Lean is an great, but not mandatory
We will offer the successful candidate a competitive salary based on relevant knowledge and experience, a discretionary bonus and an opportunity to work with like-minded professionals. We can offer you an excellent career path with a high growth company. Please email your resume and cover letter outlining your qualifications in response to Human Resources at email@example.com. Only candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process.