CAD Technicians / Draftspersons
We are currently seeking Senior and Intermediate CAD Technicians/Draftspersons to join our Drafting team at our Head Office in Brampton and our satellite offices in St. Catharines, Winnipeg, and Edmonton. These are permanent, full-time positions with the opportunity to grow with an industry leader.
- Design elevation plan and detail drawings using computer-aided design and drafting software
- Working from rough sketches and specifications created by engineers and architects
- Specifying the dimensions, materials, and procedures for new curtain wall systems
- Preparing multiple versions of curtain wall designs for review by engineers and architects
- Completing documentation packages and produce drawing sets- specifically shop drawings and related revisions, fabrication releases and frame assembly drawings
- Checking and verifying design drawings to ensure that they conform to specifications, design data and Sotawall standards
- Additional duties as assigned and required
- Degree or diploma in the field of drafting/design/CAD operation
- Experience in the drafting of unitized curtain wall systems
- Skilled in the knowledge of shop drawings, fabrication releases, component release methods and related standards
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD (2012 or later) design software
- A minimum of 5 years relevant work experience
- Exposure to design of high rise commercial, residential and institutional buildings
- A working knowledge of standard Microsoft Office software
- Ability to conceptualize parts and details in three dimensions
- Team player with the ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral
- Attention to detail and committed to technical excellence
- Proficiency in 3D software, such as Inventor, Revit or Solidworks is an asset
- Strong organizational skills, along with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and demonstrate a flexible approach to work assignments
We will offer the successful candidate a competitive salary based on relevant knowledge and experience, a discretionary profit sharing bonus and an opportunity to work with like-minded professionals. We can offer you an excellent career path with a high growth company. Please email your resume and cover letter outlining your qualifications to Human Resources. Only candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process.