Sotawall is currently seeking an Assembly Manager.
Location: Sotawall Ltd., Brampton, Ontario
Job Type: This is a permanent, full-time position.
Responsibilities and Duties Include:
- Carry out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s principles and procedures, including helping in the process of interviewing, hiring, and training employees; scheduling, planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; conducting staff meetings; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Communicating between departments and coordinating inputs.
- Contributing to the Health & Safety Committee.
- Work with the Production scheduling department and help coordinate project delivery.
- Work with the Quality Control department in monitoring production controls and quality of work in progress.
- Ability to develop effective relationships and provide leadership to supervisors.
- Help implement Continuous Improvement and Lean practices within the plant with assistance from the Lean Coordinator.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Education in Construction Management, Engineering, Drafting, Glazing or Fabrication Processes is an asset.
- Strong candidates will have previous work experience in curtain wall or building facade assembly.
- Strong blueprints reading skills.
- Knowledge about Lean is a great, but not mandatory.
- Microsoft Office software knowledge is mandatory.
- Any drafting software knowledge – especially AutoCAD or Inventor is an asset.
- Team player with the ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral.
- Attention to detail and committed to learning technical excellence.
- Strong organizational skills, along with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and demonstrate a flexible approach to work assignments.
- Ability to travel in the United States and Canada.
We will offer the successful candidate a competitive salary based on relevant knowledge and experience, a discretionary bonus and an opportunity to work with like-minded professionals. We can offer you an excellent career path with a high growth company.
Please email your resume and cover letter outlining your qualifications in response to this ad directly to Human Resources at email@example.com. Only candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process.
Application deadline: February 1, 2019